W. Scott Terrell
Mr. Terrell is an Associate who joined the firm in 2023. He specializes in representing organizations of all sizes in matters involving wage and hour law, employment discrimination and retaliation, trade secrets and employee defection, and other areas of labor and employment law. Prior to specializing in management-side labor and employment law, Mr. Terrell clerked on the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and served as a trial and appellate prosecutor in New York City.
Mr. Terrell graduated cum laude with a degree in English from Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, where he earned Departmental Honors in English and was inducted into the International English Honor Society. After graduation, he served as an intern on Capitol Hill and completed graduate coursework at the George Washington University School of Political Management. Mr. Terrell then attended law school at the University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, VA. While in law school, Mr. Terrell served as a member of the Policy Council for the Black Law Students Association. He also participated in Moot Court and various mock trials.
- Welter Law Firm, P.C., 2023-present
- Associate Attorney, Hall, Gilligan, Roberts, & Shanlever, 2022
- Associate Attorney, Williams Mullen, 2020-2022
- Associate Attorney, Finkelstein, Blankinship, Frei-Pearson, & Garber, 2019-2020
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2017-2018
- Assistant District Attorney, Bronx County District Attorney Office, 2013-2017
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2013
- B.A., English Literature, cum laude, Moorehouse College, 2008
Admitted to Practice
- New York
20130 Lakeview Center Plaza,
Ashburn, VA 20147